Electro Plastics, Inc. released its new thermostat, STEP® Touch. The thermostat may be used for any and all of the Electro Plastics, Inc. products, including STEP Warmfloor™, STEP® Roof Deicing and STEP® Snowmelt systems and even STEP® Marine.
The new STEP® Touch thermostat is perfectly suited and designed from the ground up to work seamlessly with all STEP® products. It features:
- Clean, simple two control design for ease of operation
- Interfaces to an external temperature sensor
- Displays in Fahrenheit or Celsius
- Capable of interfacing with smart home systems
- Three digit auto-dimmable LED Display
- Touch sensor controls that are maintenance free
- Clear, totally flat acrylic surface for a clean contemporary look that works well with any decor
- Elegant stainless steel perimeter housing
- No batteries needed. All settings are stored in permanent memory for
- instant recovery in the event of a power failure
- STEP® logo is lit when system is heating
- Green friendly low power design
The STEP® Touch thermostat collects the temperature information every 1.5 seconds for 10 minutes before deciding to add or reduce heat. This cycle continues until the operator turns it off. The thermostat is operated by two touch buttons only; up or down or press both buttons simultaneously to switch the heating off.
The low-voltage thermostat uses only 24 volts and connects to the power supply using a 3-conductor cable. It may control up to 20 power supplies or 20 DC controllers.
The STEP® Touch thermostat can be used in conjunction with all the EPI-LX-R power supply series and the STEP® DC Controller, too.
“This thermostat is another step towards building a STEP system, not just another product,” says Monica Irgens, president of STEP Warmfloor. “We started with our heating elements using our Patented technology, followed by our transformers, which can be used with any STEP product, and now we have our thermostat.”
Electro Plastics, Inc. d/b/a STEP Warmfloor® offers a range of radiant heating solutions for residential and commercial floor heating, snow melting, and roof and gutter deicing. All products are ETL listed, have the CE marking and conform to ANSI/UL. For further information, contact Monica Irgens at 1-314-426-3555 or visit www.warmfloor.com.