STEP Warmfloor Offers Free AEC Daily Online Course
STEP Warmfloor is pleased to offer a free online learning course, brought to you by AEC Daily. This course provides one hour/credit for the state and the American Institute of Architects (AIA), and it qualifies for the Health, Safety and Welfare (HSW) training.
“We partnered with the AEC in order to provide architects a better understanding of the radiant heat market, as well as the installation techniques and customer benefits of our PTC [positive temperature coefficient] technology,” says Monica Irgens, STEP Warmfloor president.
The green market is heating up, and more and more new construction projects are looking for LEED certification. STEP Warmfloor is a certified Greener Product, complying with the LEED, LEED for Homes and NAHB standards.
“I don’t know of any radiant heat providers who offer a truly green product like ours,” says Monica. “When the AEC Daily approached us, we were eager to partner because the architects weren’t aware of any options for electric radiant heat that are as energy efficient.”
The course, “Floor Warming, Primary Heating, Snow Melting & Roof De-icing with PTC Heaters” outlines the following objectives:
- discuss the underlying principles of heat transfer and the advantages of radiant heat
- compare the operation and installation of radiant heating systems
- explain how self-regulating polymer technology works and identify specific applicationsacross a variety of construction sectors
- discuss the energy efficiency and performance of PTC (positive temperature coefficient)heaters, and
- discuss the advantages of using PTC heaters for floor warming, primary heating, snowmelting and roof de-icing.